Traveling Crane Operator
About HME, Inc.:
Haas Metal Engineering is a leading AISC-certified provider of high-quality structural steel, custom metal fabrication, and erection services. For over 25 years, HME, Inc. has championed innovative solutions, adopted cutting edge technologies, expanded our capabilities, and grown our workforce to meet the everchanging needs of the construction industry. Our accuracy, dependability and responsive customer service has made us the first choice for many contractors, not just in the Midwest, but nationwide.
HME is seeking a Traveling Crane Operator to join our growing team.
The crane operator’s responsibilities include knowledge of lever and pedal control, setting up the manufacturer’s operator’s manual, inspecting the crane for safety daily, and operating the crane under general supervision. You should be able to lift and lower materials with precision and transport heavy equipment to worksites.
Candidates should operate cranes efficiently, take complete charge of all safety, clean and maintain the hoisting mechanisms. This positions requires the crane operator to set and maintain a standard of accuracy, be able to work in extreme weather conditions, and operate the crane according to verbal, written, or signal instruction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operating the crane under supervision.
- Inspecting the crane to ensure its safety.
- Performing routine maintenance.
- Carrying tools for running repairs.
- Wearing PPT safety equipment.
- Cleaning and maintaining the crane hoisting mechanism.
- Using lever and pedal controls efficiently.
- Setting up the manufacturer’s operator manual.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess NCCCO TLL certification.
- 2-5 years of rough terrain experience preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA Regulations