About HME, Inc.:
Haas Metal Engineering is a leading AISC-certified provider of high-quality structural steel, custom metal fabrication, and erection services. For over 25 years, HME, Inc. has championed innovative solutions, adopted cutting edge technologies, expanded our capabilities, and grown our workforce to meet the everchanging needs of the construction industry. Our accuracy, dependability and responsive customer service has made us the first choice for many contractors, not just in the Midwest, but nationwide.
HME, Inc., a leader in structural steel manufacturing, is currently accepting applications for a full-time Payroll Specialist position in our Topeka office. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing weekly payroll, related tax and benefit filings plus maintaining all associated payroll records and files in an accurate and efficient manner. A high level of communication skills as well as a strong understanding of payroll taxes, benefits, reporting, and confidentiality is required. The Payroll Specialist will also provide support to the Accounting and Human Resources Department as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process payroll on a weekly basis.
- Resolve employee concerns regarding payroll questions and issues.
- Process child support and other wage garnishments.
- Perform payroll tax activities to ensure the accurate and timely administration of all federal, state, and local withholdings, remittances, reconciliations, and reporting.
- Maintain the timekeeping system.
- Maintain confidential employee files.
- Review weekly payroll journals for accuracy.
- Certified payroll reporting.
- Accounting assistance to include A/P and A/R.
- Additional responsibilities as designated.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Knowledge of computer programs for payroll processing and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Prior experience in Viewpoint, Spectrum or QuickBooks preferred
- Two or more years of previous payroll processing experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 1 Year of payroll experience (required)