About HME, Inc.:
The HME Group began its operations in the construction and manufacturing industries in 1996. Continued strategic growth over the last 25 years has transformed HME into a thriving group with six companies, fourteen divisions, and offices in four states. Our success and growth offer our employees the opportunity for career advancement and long-term stability.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Procurement Specialist. This position will join an experienced and knowledgeable team to assist in the day-to-day procurement of various types of steel and hardware. On-the-job training will be provided including but not limited to product knowledge, sources, overall fabrication process, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sourcing materials for HME in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Works closely with our Detailing and Project Management team to ensure the correct quantities, grades, sizes and lengths are ordered.
- Works in alignment with the Scheduling and Inventory Control to ensure on-time delivery to meet the production schedule.
- Follows best practices in procuring materials for HME and related entities.
- Establishes and monitor milestone dates and communicates with the appropriate departments as needed.
- Problem solves issues as they arise with vendors.
Behavioral Traits Required:
- EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE Knows and understands personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Seeks feedback; gains insight from mistakes; open to criticism.
- COMMITMENT Displays a strong commitment to the job and company.
- RELIABILITY Takes responsibility for actions. Is dependable; arrives on time; does what he/she says, does not let others down; highly valued on the team. Has built solid relationships with peers and management.
- TIME MANGEMENT Utilizes time on the job efficiently to maximize the amount of work completed.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS Consistently displays the ability to communicate with peers and management when needed for the job.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Business or a related field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must be able to successfully complete all pre-employment requirements