CNC Maintenance Technician
About HME, Inc.:
Haas Metal Engineering is a leading AISC-certified provider of high-quality structural steel, custom metal fabrication, and erection services. For over 25 years, HME, Inc. has championed innovative solutions, adopted cutting edge technologies, expanded our capabilities, and grown our workforce to meet the everchanging needs of the construction industry. Our accuracy, dependability and responsive customer service has made us the first choice for many contractors, not just in the Midwest, but nationwide.
The CNC Maintenance Technician’s primary responsibility is troubleshooting CNC equipment and ensuring Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures are completed. The technician will also support the documentation of PM completion records and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair CNC Machinery, Manual Machine and Machining Centers.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain machine tool equipment and controls.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulics, electronics, electrical, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
- Identify and replace parts as necessary.
- Complete testing and adjustment of parts as needed.
- General facilities maintenance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience with CNC controls.
- Experience with PLC troubleshooting and repair.
- Ability to read part manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions and troubleshooting guides.
- Demonstrated high degree of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical aptitude and repair abilities.
- Knowledge of CNC machine design and operation.
- Experience with electrical test equipment, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- High School diploma required
- Skilled Trade Certification, preferred.
- Must be able to work night shift.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Ability to work while standing on lifts and ladders.
- Ability to multitask job duties effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.